Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NoCaffAfter4 - Therapy assistance
NoCaffAfter4 - Therapy assistance
Greetings,
I'm grateful to the members of the apneaboard team for your expertise! I've b3en on CPAP for 1 month. I've dug into the OSCAR data but am having trouble understanding the broad picture and changes that may be helpful. I'd appreciate any guidance based upon my data from last night. Please let me know if you need additional data. Thank you!
Thanks

[attachment=67581]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR data interp assistance
Welcome

Please follow this guide to format your oscar charts properly. you are missing the pressure, leak and flow limit graphs.

Looks like you are having positional apnea, do you sleep on your back? more info here but improving your sleeping position would most likely improve your ahi a lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=67586]
Thank you, and sorry about the formatting. Updated. I use a Resmed F40 mask so I do tend to sleep on my back and sides. Would you mind taking one more look? Thank you so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
i think you need to try to avoid sleeping on your back. the big cluster around 2am and 5am are positional apnea and around 3:15 probably as well. so most events by far.

i think raising the pressure would also be good, 5cm is too low for most adults. and with only 5cm epr3 is doing only 1cm (instead of 3) because the machine cannot go under 4cm. i would try 6cm epr 2 which would give you an ipap of 6cm and epap 4cm (the minimum).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, thank you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I have a hard time controlling whether I'm sleeping on my back or side. And there are times when you can get sore staying in one or the other position. However, there are some other ways to address positional apnea besides back position. For instance, check that your pillows aren't kinking your airway, e.g. if the stack is too high when you're on your back, or too low when you're on your side..
Post Reply Post Reply
Change in pressure, improvement?
Hi,
I'm looking for a sleep doctor to review my data, but most physicians are booked out several months. In the meantime, I'm on my own to tweak setting until I find something that works well. I started at a pressure of 5 (at 5) and switched to 6 (at 6), images below. I still waken most nights, rip off my mask, and realize later that it's off and re-attach it (11:45-12:45 at 6 image). Since the at 5 image, I use a corrective brace and tolerate it well. Based upon the images and data, I'm not confident that I've nailed down the best settings but am unsure of what to tweak. The myair app gives high scores, but I'm not confident with those values. Do you have any recommendations on settings to tweak? I understand that I probably have positional apnea, but for the other events?
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Change in pressure, improvement?
Your settings can be made better.

Try these:
Change to APAP
pressure 7-15
keep EPR 2 for the moment

We want to see where the AutoSet wants the pressure to go.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Dave on this one, once we see where your pressure is sitting at 99 percentile we can dial it on on constant pressure mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both! I’ll give your suggestions a shot.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Assistance with wife's CPAP issues Hammer641 6 177 09-01-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Franko39 - Therapy Assistance Franko39 51 2,074 08-23-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  ftfu - Therapy Assistance ftfu 14 855 08-10-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: ftfu
  ASV assistance Vako 13 372 07-27-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Vako
Exclaimation [Pressure] ScienceDad - Therapy Assistance ScienceDad 13 532 07-21-2024, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Narcil
  Xeros - Therapy Assistance Xeros 17 1,453 06-30-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Treatment] ahmazing - Therapy Assistance ahmazing 9 552 06-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: ahmazing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.