Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Flow rate and Flow limitation
Flow rate and Flow limitation
Hello from Guatemala, everyone!  Hope you are all having a great day!

I started using CPAP on June 2021, my initial AHI was 44, I'm 46 years old, weight 138 pounds and exercise regularly. 

My AHI is now below 5, so my doctor interprets everything is fine, but I don't feel like I had a "good night sleep".  I have tried changing the pressure on my machine, going from APAP to CPAP and back to APAP, but every time I check my flow rate and flow limitation charts they don't seem to be as good as they should (or maybe I'm just reading them wrong....  Bigwink   )

My other big issue is aerophagia, some mornings I wake up so bloated my stomach hurts bad; although this issue has been better in the past few months (with a lower pressure, I suppose).

Any insights or comments will be greatly appreciated...

Best from rainy Guatemala!!!

UPDATE: I tried to post a link with my Oscar files, but since I am a new member I can't.  Is there a way you guys can see my data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow rate and Flow limitation
Hi FaustoG!  -  Welcome
Please read the link in my signature,"Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board" on how to insert an image into your post.  New members can do this, it is just links that you can not perform.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow rate and Flow limitation
                                                Thank you very much. I have now attached 3 random days as Screenshots from Oscar.

Best,

Fausto.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Respiration Rate wickedsleepy 12 1,063 Yesterday, 11:36 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  New CPAP user, looking for help understanding flow curve waran 3 145 09-23-2024, 12:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Newbie to OSCAR - why mask leakage rate is so high thanh.oz 1 94 09-22-2024, 06:37 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  What else causes flow limits? StevesSp 3 798 09-20-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 5 361 09-16-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Leak Rate Questions in OCAR MrPsyduck 5 317 09-10-2024, 05:25 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Flat-topped flow rate slatejetpack 8 380 09-09-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: slatejetpack

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.