Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse oximeter recommendations?
RE: Pulse oximeter recommendations?
Don't get discouraged with OSCAR... once you set it up it's a matter of "plug and play" (insert card, import data) from there. Many here will help you if you start a separate thread and ask (keep all your therapy stuff in one thread).
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been looking for a new Pulse Oximeter for a while, but they seem scarce lately and the prices are not great. I've had two of these in the past, but they last less than a year before the battery dies. I had a Lookee with the plain face and a Checkme from eBay that was an obvious refurb sold as New. These both cost me over $200 CDN for less than a years use 

I did find the SleepU on a Wellvue site, but they don't ship to Canada or the US; seems sketchy. I really don't want the ring version, as I'm sure it would annoy me. I can buy the plain, no LED Lookee for about $208 + tax + shipping, but I would prefer the LED. The SleepU is no longer available on Amazon. If you read the reviews for these products, Wellvue/Viatom/Lookee they all have reliability issues. I assume they're all coming out of the same plant in China.

I do have a Nonin 3150 with Bluetooth, but since there is no App, I'm not sure what good the Bluetooth does me? I could never get it to pair in any event. The software is about $400 USD and then I'd have to manually connect it to a USB port to read it.Then there is the issue of getting the data into OSCAR; I could write some code, but I'd rather be sleeping.  Bed 

Pardon the rambling, I'm just wonder what else anyone is using or if they have a source for the SleepU or Checkme.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too use the Wellue SleepU and it works very well. Sadly, after using it daily for about 6 weeks, I find little correlation between the oxygen data and the CPAP data!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2024, 03:35 PM)BigWing Wrote: I too use the Wellue SleepU and it works very well. Sadly, after using it daily for about 6 weeks, I find little correlation between the oxygen data and the CPAP data!

Thanks, where did you buy it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2024, 04:07 PM)Sleepy Willy Wrote: Thanks, where did you buy it?

I’m in the UK
Post Reply Post Reply
I have purchased 4ea, Checkme O2 Max, These are worn and read on a daily basis. It seems our household contacted a respiratory illness last September that tested negative for both Covid and Flu. Yet knocked the SpO2 down for several months.

I have replaced two of the sensors and one wrist unit. Each time I sent one email with a copy of my order invoice and a description of the fault "Error 4" for sensor fault and blank display on wrist unit, shortly after that, I received a confirmation email they were shipping a replacement. Excellent customer service for me.

I purchased mine from Supplier #40 , their store on that Internet shopping center called Amazon. I also took the offered insurance for additional coverage. When the factory one year coverage is expired I will have coverage for an addition year.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all

Still working on the central vs obstructive apnea question. Study 6 years ago said central. Study a few months ago had obstructive. I'm guessing its a bit of both. 

Got an oral appliance as a first step because I travel a lot and the thought of lugging a CPAP around seems problematic, but still waking up groggy and during my last study my sats went as low as 80. Appliance seems to be taking care of the snoring part, but since I'm still groggy I wanted to check O2 sat overnight and found this site and message. I read through and the idea of the Checkme sounds good to me so I started shopping the  places. See a bunch of refurb units on the E site for 110 or so but a little leery there, so went to the Wellvue direct site. Their price is lower than Bezosland anyway at 199 vs 229, then I have various shopping/coupon apps i use and found a coupon code for 30off using CapitalOne shopping code TICKS. Free delivery. So 170 to my door. Figured I woudl share. YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
Good deal!

Although their website says the Checkme O2 Max is intended for use during sleep, not for active use. We wear ours 24/7 excluding time for reading data, bathing and charging. I believe we are able to get good readings because we wear fingerless gloves that, 1. hold the ring sensor tight against the finger. 2. Keep the hand warm ensuring good blood flow. 3. The gloves minimize the amount of light that can interfere with the sensor's detection abilities.

In this thread we discuss synchronizing the time of the Wellue Pulse/Oximeters to your *PAP device, as well as utilizing the Events Tab on the Daily view to rapidly move through the flagged events to review the Flow Rate zoomed in.

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...kme+O2+max

Let us know if you have any questions, concerns or doubts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleepy Willy,
I, too, am in Canada and looking for a Wellvue Checkme or SleepU.

Were you successful in finding a vendor that will sell to Canucks?
Which model did you end up purchasing?
Post Reply Post Reply
David,
Doesn't Supplier #40 sell in Canada?
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy recommendations appreciated Officialdee 2 54 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oximeter Accuracy: Wellue vs. VirtuOx SunMesa 2 93 09-04-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: SunMesa
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 96 43,106 08-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  Resmed Pulse Oximeter - Nonin 3150 BLE Purchase wayneflo 44 2,759 08-05-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Setting adjustment recommendations arichman 1 226 07-30-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 7 1,232 07-24-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
Question Oscar Review and Setting recommendations kgtx 9 529 06-27-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.