Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse oximeter recommendations?
RE: Pulse oximeter recommendations?
(07-02-2024, 09:28 PM)David424 Wrote: Hi Sleepy Willy,
I, too, am in Canada and looking for a Wellvue Checkme or SleepU.

Were you successful in finding a vendor that will sell to Canucks?
Which model did you end up purchasing?

Yes, I found a vendor selling the CheckMe O2 Max on eBay, danielj0220. I haven't received it yet, so tread carefully. The last CheckMe I bought on eBay looked like a refurb, but this unit looks more promising.

I also found the BLE version of the Nonin 3150. Now I have to jump through some hoops to get my ResMed 10 upgraded. I'm hoping I can go through the insurance company and bypass the government HS. I'm hoping the Respirologist can help navigate the swamp of red tape.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Willy!

Hmmm... I wish we didn't have to go through back channels like that.  I think I'll wait until I can make a purchase directly from a manufacturers site or Amazon.

At any rate... I wish you all the best getting insurance to cover the accessories and all the best with your therapy!

David
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Red,
First of all, thank you for your helpful responses!  I have even learned a great deal through your responses to others.
And if you are one of the main coders on Oscar... a thousand thanks, indeed!!

According to their posted shipping policy, Supplier #40 does not ship to Canada.
That said, it is the most direct Wellue presence here in N America, so I may reach out to them by email and ask. can't hurt...

I know Lookee will sell in Canada (they appear to be a Vancouver-based company), but on their website, none of their oximeters are officially marked as "Wellue".
Do you know if their LOOKEE O2Ring Continuous Ring Oximeter is the Wellue O2 Ring rebranded?? 
it sure looks similar, but I'd hate to have a nasty surprise and find it won't work with the ViHealth app or import into Oscar...

At any rate, thank again for your helpful replies!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
David,
I would contact Supplier #40 and ask them who is their Canadian vendor.

The actual manufacturer is Viatom. I believe they had a problem registering that name because it is too close to Viacom, a mass media and entertainment conglomerate. A search using, "viatom sales in canada", came back with several possibilities.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thank you very much!
I will look into that.
David
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Red,

After a couple of back-and-forth emails, it seems that Supplier#40 doesn't have any vendors in Canada.
They told me they have only their online store (apparently they don't have dealers, at least not officially, or I've hit a language barrier) and they do not ship to Canada.

So I'm back to square one.
I'm looking for an honoured warranty and customer service, so I'm not altogether comfortable going the eBay route or with an unestablished fly-by-night enterprise.

I may post again for other ideas my fellow Canadians may have, but does any other possibility come to mind for you?

Thank you,
David
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2024, 01:28 PM)David424 Wrote: Hi Red,

After a couple of back-and-forth emails, it seems that Supplier#40 doesn't have any vendors in Canada.
They told me they have only their online store (apparently they don't have dealers, at least not officially, or I've hit a language barrier) and they do not ship to Canada.

Thank you,
David
I'm surprised that supplier 40 doesn't ship to Canada. I was on there site before, but I was put off by the price, which was $229 US at the time.  I thought they had Canadian shipping, but I never purchased, so I could be wrong.

I'm not sure the warranty is all it's cracked up to be, it's probably only a year and I don't know how successful you will be in collecting. 

I paid less than half of the retail price and my shipping was probably less, so if the battery lasts the anticipated 6 months, I'm still further ahead. 

Unfortunately my item is coming by eBay snail ?, so I probably won't know more for another week or so.

These guys ship to Canada, as I believe they are a Canadian company. I think they are affiliated with Viatom/Wellvue.

https://www.lookeetech.com/products/look...en-monitor
Post Reply Post Reply
If anyone has a LOOKEE wrist or ring sleep oximeter and would like to provide its binary recorded data for review, please send it to:
OSCAR Data Upload Submission Link

Thanks,
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Willy, 
Thanks for the reply.
It's interesting... Lookee is a Canadian company.  I've seen some threads suggesting that their O2 Ring is by Wellue, and I even saw a three-year-old video on Lookee's YouTube site that said "O2 Ring by Wellue". 

But right now, their o2 ring has no mention of Wellue.
That said, two of their oximeters (the O2 Ring and their Ring-Pro) appear to use the same ViHealth app that Wellue uses ?!?!
I will reach out to them and to Viacom directly and see what response I get

I may post a question later if I get nowhere with these companies, but does any reader know... are Lookee's products the same as Wellue's?  

And good luck, Willy, with your CheckMe!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy recommendations appreciated Officialdee 2 54 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oximeter Accuracy: Wellue vs. VirtuOx SunMesa 2 93 09-04-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: SunMesa
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 96 43,106 08-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  Resmed Pulse Oximeter - Nonin 3150 BLE Purchase wayneflo 44 2,759 08-05-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Setting adjustment recommendations arichman 1 226 07-30-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 7 1,232 07-24-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
Question Oscar Review and Setting recommendations kgtx 9 529 06-27-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.