Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse oximeter recommendations?
Pulse oximeter recommendations?
One that allows me to save the results etc and look at next day......

I guess it'd need bluetooth to connect to some app on my phone?

Be good if it integrates with oscar of course
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulse oximeter recommendations?
Wellue O2 Ring - it's $150 on Amazon and you can import the data to OSCAR via the menu Data > Import Viatom/Wellue Data
Post Reply Post Reply
As gainerfull stated, many here elect to use the Wellue O2Ring.  I took a different route and elected to get the SleepU.  For me, this distributes more of the weight of the electronics to the wrist.  It also allows replacement of the finger probe, if it should go bad. All Wellue/Viatom recording oximeters have compatibility with iOS, Android, PC, and MAC.

The bottom line is, you can't go wrong with any of the 3 recording Wellue oximeters, O2Ring, SleepU, and the Checkme O2.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered a Checkme O2 Max on that popular auction site from a seller that accepted a $99 offer. Total is under $113 including shipping and tax if anyone else is interested. This seller currently has one left.
Post Reply Post Reply
what is "that popular auction site"?
Post Reply Post Reply
interesting and useful information, though these prices are a dilemma.
Looking briefly at the Wellu site, it looked like these oximeters monitor live when connected to let's say, a phone, , but  before buying, I'd really want to know, do all of these record a nightful of data, that you can download later? And can you download the data fully locally, without uploading it to the cloud or having to open an account to a 3rd party?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2023, 12:24 AM)EasySleep Wrote: what is "that popular auction site"?

It starts with “e”.
Post Reply Post Reply
EasySleep

The wellue Website has a "FAQ" that will answer most of your questions.

I don't subscribe to the "Cloud Storage" that Wellue has available, therefore I can not  answer any questions about how it functions. 

I did print and also save a few  "O2 Insight Pro"  Sleep Records in "PDF" format. I am new to this forum stuff, so I don't know how to share a copy of a report here.

You can Google "O2 Insight Pro" select images and see some very clear images of the report or you can Google " The Most Detailed Wellue O2Ring Review – keep an eye on your SpO2 with medical-grade accuracy " 

That blog report accurately shows the displays I see on the PC, after I hook up the wrist worn "Checkme O2 Max" to the USB port. It also shows the displays I can see on an Apple phone, via Bluetooth, both live as it occurs and historical, previously recorded. I am still fairly new to the Checkme O2 Max Oximeter/Pulse/Motion recorder and Wellue "O2 Insight Pro" Application and PC Software.

When I wear my BiPAP with with my Checkme O2 Pro Oximeter/Pulse/Motion Recorder strapped on for a night of 8 hours and few minutes, I get a very nice four page O2 Insight Pro Sleep Report that will show;  O2 Score: 10.0, SpO2: highest 98, Ave 96, Lowest 93,  <90% O2 Time: 0 seconds,  Drops over 3%: 0 times,  Drops over 4%: 0 Times,  a Vertical Bar Graph showing 93% of the night I had an SpO2 above 95%,  7% of the night I had an SpO2 reading between 90% and 95%, then a Beautiful Horizontal Line Graph showing a Red line representing SpO2%, and a Blue line representing Pulse and occasionally, about two or three times a night, a very brief motion is detected. This with an Oscar Report showing  1.42 AHI, 1.13 CA, 0.14 OA, 0.14 UA. That was a good night!

However sometimes some Idiot slays their Unicorn, jacks the straps on their head gear to the point their Evora FFM is "Pig Nose Tight" then rides off into slumberland riding a Jackass. Dont-know   So after about three nights of this happy horse poop, the pressure sores on both sides and underneath my nose, plus both cheeks, look like bleeding Hemorrhoids. At that point I contact my DME, who upon seeing the results of my efforts, recommends a visit to my Primary Physician and come back in a week or Two, after everything heals and I no longer look like a walking Biological Hazard that won a Gross Ugliness Contest. Those Covid-19 mask sure do come in handy these days, just don't wear white.

So now my O2 Insight Pro Sleep Report, without the benefit of BiPAP, as  recorded by my Checkme O2 Max for 7 Hours and 15 minutes of sleep shows 258 O2 drops over 3%,  208 O2 drops over 4%,  < 90% SpO2 Time: 2 Hours 28 minutes and 32 Seconds. But what really grabs your eye is the Horizontal Line Graph that looks like my Unicorn bled across the page with Red sweeps dropping from the low 90s% SpO2 to the bottom of the graph at 70% SpO2. It does not record below 70% SpO2. I am absolutely positive it would have been worse, but for the middle of the night when I got up for a Bathroom break, that brought my O2 back up for a sustained half hour.  

Yes, I carried those printed Wellue O2 Insight Pro reports into my Primary Physician, come to find out, they use the professional grade of Wellue products in their clinic.

So this is what I learned.

I do trust and recommend the Wellue products, apps and software.

Folks, You Do Not Need Your Head Gear Straps  " PIG NOSE TIGHT "   Huhsign

As embarrassing as it is, you can survive with occasional Face Farts!       Huh 

When Sleeprider says:  "You do not have to chase 0.0 AHI, Some small leaks are acceptable", and recommends   "ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto"  Please listen to him, 

That is my story and I am sticking to it! 

UnicornRider,
       Wellue Checkme O2 Max, O2 Insight Pro 
       ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto,  PS-4,  18-22 (cmH2O). 
       Previously F&P Evora FFM (still a great FFM), Looking forward to Friday, ResMed AirFit 10  Nasal Pillows, might even be able to wear them by Saturday or Sunday.
       OSCAR
       The good folks at apneaboard.com 

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
EasySleep  - To answer your questions:

1. You don't have to join or use cloud support, but their newer cellphone apps make it somewhat difficult not to.  
Side note: I use the recording ECG and use their AI analysis on its data. This requires creating an account, and it is well worth it.

2. While wearing the oximeter, you can view data in real-time, but it will still record the session.  The oximeter records the data locally, and then will transfer it to the app when you open it.  Having the app open during oximeter use is not required.

3. The O2Ring, SleepU, and the Checkme are the only recording oximeters that you should consider.

4. The O2Ring and the SleepU can record up to 24 hours of data, albeit in 10 or 12 hour (I can't remember which) blocks. The Checkme can record up to 72 hours. I'm sure it will have the same file limitation size.

I hope this helps.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got the Wellue/Viacom Checkme O2 Max a week ago. I cannot get it to fit right, even on my thumb. When I saw how low my numbers were, I bought a Beurer 30 fingertip oximeter. The O2 levels on the Beurer are often 3 or 4% higher….in line with doctor’s offices which are 97% or above. The pulse rate is the same on both. I have small fingers. When I put it on my husband’s large hand, it measured the same percentage as the Beurer. So it works, just not for me.

I’d hoped to get it into OSCAR, but reading their directions yesterday, I gave up. I’m not good with my laptop anymore; I’ve been using iPhone and iPad for the last few years.

Another negative…one night it only gave me details for one hour. I had no indication that it wasn’t recording.

A good thing is that it will wake you if it goes down to a limit which you have set.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy recommendations appreciated Officialdee 2 54 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oximeter Accuracy: Wellue vs. VirtuOx SunMesa 2 93 09-04-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: SunMesa
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 96 43,106 08-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  Resmed Pulse Oximeter - Nonin 3150 BLE Purchase wayneflo 44 2,759 08-05-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Setting adjustment recommendations arichman 1 226 07-30-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 7 1,232 07-24-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
Question Oscar Review and Setting recommendations kgtx 9 529 06-27-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.