Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse oximeter recommendations?
RE: Pulse oximeter recommendations?
(07-06-2024, 02:09 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: If anyone has a LOOKEE wrist or ring sleep oximeter and would like to provide its binary recorded data for review, please send it to:
OSCAR Data Upload Submission Link

Thanks,
- Red

I used my Lookee wrist monitor with OSCAR when it was still alive and it worked fine. I believe the data is the same as Viatom. 

If I can find an old file on my phone, I'll upload it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I notice that the page on here entitled "Wellue Viatom File Import" says "Lookee O2 Ring (by Wellue)"

(https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ile_Import)
Post Reply Post Reply
David,

Best Buy Canada has the Lookee O2 ring on sale for $199 CDN. It comes with a one year warranty.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Willy.. will have a look!
Post Reply Post Reply
If the LOOKEE uses O2 Insight Pro or ViHealth, then OSCAR will read its data file.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
David, I just searched "are lookee o2 ring the same as wellue ring".

The first link returned a site that was titled "The LOOKEE® O2 Ring By Wellue Review"

I have worked with a forum member who had a Lookee O2 Ring, he had problems downloading the info to his Apple laptop. Everything I found would indicate they are the same. I am not Apple proficient so was not able to help him on that level. I do not think it was the fault of lookee as this individual had some computer issues.

Now, We do have 5 each Wellue Checkme O2 Max devices in our house. One is branded as "WearPulse" the report it generates is slightly different, but the format is generally the same, the download to the PC and import of data into OSCAR is the same among all of them.

I have had very good luck with replacement of sensors, one email with a copy of invoice and what symptoms occurred, "skips in the recording of information". Within 12 hours I generally get a response back, saying the sensor is being shipped, within four days I have the replacement in hand.
WearPulse uses the same email address for service (warranty) and support (tech assist) as the rest of the Wellue devices.

However, I notice the Lookee devices have their own service and support address as well as charge for expedited shipping.

Too bad they do not have a VPN for snail mail addresses.

Does Amazon ship to Canada?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2024, 12:06 PM)UnicornRider Wrote: David, I just searched "are lookee o2 ring the same as wellue ring".

The first link returned a site that was titled  "The LOOKEE® O2 Ring By Wellue Review" 

However, I notice the Lookee devices have their own service and support address as well as charge for expedited shipping.

Too bad they do not have a VPN for snail mail addresses.

Does Amazon ship to Canada?
The Lookee O2 ring is not the same as the Wellvue O2 ring, it is longer and thinner. 

I suspect the Lookee devices share part of the same manufacturing chain, but there are differences. 

Amazon does ship some items to Canada, and it's cheaper to buy some items on Amazon US vs Amazon Canada, even with shipping. Other items are only available on Amazon US.

Lookee also sells direct from their website, with shipping to Canada and the US. However, David can likely find a better price elsewhere, even with the Lookee 'sales'.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Red, Unicorn and Willy... your responses are helpful!
Ok... it seems the situation is this: 
Viatom supplies many of these companies with the devices and the apps.
At the same time, there are variations between products and availability in Canada is hit-and-miss

I'll look at my options and make the best choice I can
Thank you, friends, for your help!
David
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepy Willy, "LOOKEE® Ring Sleep Oxygen Monitor" is indeed longer and narrower. However their "LOOKEE® O2Ring Continuous Ring Oximeter", does appear to be identical to the Viatom/Wellue product. There again Vibeat OxyRing Continuous Oxygen Monitor bears a very strong resemblance to both Lookee & Viatom/Wellue O2 Ring. One thing for sure if you look at the printable report they generate, they all bear the same format. The LOOKEE Ring-Pro Wearable Oxygen Monitor even titles their report as "Sleep Report" the same as Viatom/Wellue.

Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Noticed on Viatom website there is both:
  • Checkme O2 (16-hour charge)
  • Checkme O2 Max (72-hour charge)
though what confuses me is that the Max seems to be what other sites like the Wellue site describe as just "Checkme O2" (72-hour charge)

Anyway, just want to be sure I understand whats going on with the name variation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapy recommendations appreciated Officialdee 2 54 5 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oximeter Accuracy: Wellue vs. VirtuOx SunMesa 2 93 09-04-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: SunMesa
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 96 43,106 08-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  Resmed Pulse Oximeter - Nonin 3150 BLE Purchase wayneflo 44 2,759 08-05-2024, 03:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Setting adjustment recommendations arichman 1 226 07-30-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Information Oximeter (eg O2Ring) - Fix Time Error - So Simple! DavidEsp 7 1,232 07-24-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jaguarman9991
Question Oscar Review and Setting recommendations kgtx 9 529 06-27-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Big Guy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.