Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Recent increase in Clear Airway events
Question 
Recent increase in Clear Airway events
Good afternoon!

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with a few questions. I have been using a CPAP for over 20 years. Lately I tend to be sleepy throughout the day, but I'm not sure if that's apnea-related or not.

1. What could be going on with an increase in Clear Airway events? It started in mid-May (Screenshot 1), which is when I tested positive for Covid. Ever since then, the CA's have been vastly higher and account for most of my apnea.
  2. Any concerns with my flow limits?
  3. Do my other stats look alright?
  4. Does my pressure look correct?
Please let me know if I can provide more screenshots or answer any questions.

Thank you in advance!

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Recent increase in Clear Airway events
With only six CAs all night, I don't think they are enough to worry about.  Having Covid in May might have left your lungs slightly damaged.  If so, that should heal as time passes, and maybe that's the reason for the present CAs.

Also, your charts would be much easier to read if you only included down to the very bottom of the Flow Limits. Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2024, 05:48 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: With only six CAs all night, I don't think they are enough to worry about.  Having Covid in May might have left your lungs slightly damaged.  If so, that should heal as time passes, and maybe that's the reason for the present CAs.

Also, your charts would be much easier to read if you only included down to the very bottom of the Flow Limits.  Smile

Thank you Deborah!

Here's an optimized screenshot for more info. Please see questions from original post:

1. Any concerns with my flow limits?
  2. Do my other stats look alright?
  3. Does my pressure look correct?

Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest that you turn EPR on full-time, set at 3.  This will lower your flow limits and should make your breathing more comfortable.  Your other settings all look good, including your pressure settings.  Good job!  Smile

Let us know how you feel after the change.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2024, 12:33 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: I suggest that you turn EPR on full-time, set at 3.  This will lower your flow limits and should make your breathing more comfortable.  Your other settings all look good, including your pressure settings.  Good job!  Smile

Let us know how you feel after the change.

Thank you. Will try this starting tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 0 12 35 minutes ago
Last Post: chacha897d
  Clear Airway Events Only - New User Help pacc815 15 373 Yesterday, 11:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Clear Airway, CSR events frolic 10 250 Yesterday, 08:35 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Unflagged events, treatment ineffective slatejetpack 4 113 09-05-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Large Leak/UA Events since titration RainyDog 8 134 09-05-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question Help w/ Oscar Data (recent mask switch) cpapillon 3 102 09-05-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: cpapillon
  Persistent CA events and fatigue with low-ish AHI ATT9791 11 557 08-28-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.