Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed F40 AirFit mask
RE: ResMed F40 AirFit mask
Does the F40 have an easy quick release where the hose attaches to the cushion, like many other Resmed masks, so it is easy to disconnect if you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night? I currently use the similar F&P Evora, but they expect you to remove the entire mask to go use the bathroom. Once I am back in bed, by the time I get the mask re-installed, I am wide awake...
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes.....it has the quick disconnect swivel fitting. I get up more than I like to, to use the john. Easy, peasy to disconnect and reconnect. 

No need at all to remove the mask.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Great News. Two more weeks and they will let me switch to the F40. I also greatly prefer the magnets for connecting the mask, rather than the clip-ons used on the Evora. Much easier for my arthritic fingers...
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, the magnets make it all that much easier. The ResMed F series of masks are the only ones that I have tried.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love my F40, but I will warn that I find the magnets pop off easily. Great for arthritic fingers, but if I got too restless during the night, they might pop out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm.....I'm a side sleeper and I switch back & forth from side to side all night long. I've yet to have a strap / magnet let loose. 

I do prefer the straps to be snug, probably more so than others.
Post Reply Post Reply
The magnets on the F40 are not as strong as the F20 and the F 30.  If you pull hard enough you can dislodge the magnets.  But it is still a great mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed that the magnets were not as strong as well, but the feeling of silicone on my nostrils (regardless of mask make/model) is just too much Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a good experience with my new mask (AirFit F40) last night. I used it the whole night (8.5 hrs.) and my "Events Per Hour" was 0.3

From what I could tell, I had no air leaks and the cushion sealed very well and was comfortable enough. I haven't seen it that low in quite some time.

For a first night of use, I'm pretty happy with it.

Oh yeah, and the straps stayed put all night long. No issues with the strap magnets.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
If I have to roll on my side, I hold the mask on my face so it won’t dislodge or the magnets pop off. Maybe I’m super active in the night.

The interesting thing is that I can actually sleep on my side now, since xPAP and F40 . I haven’t been able to do that for years. No idea why.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 296 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 201 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 25 6,957 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Slight Mouth Leaks With Nasal Pillows Airfit P10 - Change Mask? stevesleep 6 397 08-08-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  ResMed F40 mask questions? WCR1950 11 645 08-07-2024, 09:18 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  [Equipment] Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port asterisk 1 224 08-05-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 14 22,762 08-01-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.