Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed F40 AirFit mask
RE: ResMed F40 AirFit mask
I only used the F40 for a short time, but I had some trouble with the magnets, too. Mostly when I was trying to adjust it a bit when I got leaks. They're definitely a lot weaker than the ones on the F30i, but I guess they needed to change them after the recall.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a die-hard side-sleeper. So, a mask that will accommodate that is important. No issues with the AirFit F20, 30, and 40. 

I'm not having any magnet issues at all with my F40.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, although it's only been four nights of use, I'm somewhat under-whelmed with my AirFit F40 mask. I think my expectations were too high and thought that it could possible be a game changer. 

It's not proving itself to be that. I don't feel that it's any better than my F30. I'm going to continue to use it though and see if I happen to adjust to it better. Maybe giving it more time might be the answer.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Well......I know it hasn't been that long since I acquired an AirFit F40 mask. Starting tonight (Sunday) I'm going back to my AirFit F30 mask. 

For me, the F40 just didn't prove itself to be that much of an improvement, if any at all. The extra bit of hose that came with it, is becoming a nuisance for me. 

I custom fabricated a hose holder / hanger for my F30. I don't want to have to refab the holder for my F40, if I'm not that convinced it's going to be my "go to" mask. 

I still have an F40 coming to me in a month+ or so. I'm not going to change the order, so that way I'll have another on hand if things happen to change down the road. I have tons of cushions and such for my F20 and F30 masks. 

Anyways, I'm a bit disappointed, but it is what it is.  Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2024, 02:35 PM)Big Guy Wrote: ... I custom fabricated a hose holder / hanger for my F30....
is it possible for you to post a picture of your hose holder / hanger.   Sounds like something good to have.
LoudSnorer
Post Reply Post Reply
Without trying it 98% this mask not for me, using F&P Vitra this mask can handle 6-7 months of daily use.
Post Reply Post Reply
Our digital camera is on the fritz, and we don't know how to download a picture from our smartphone.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Difference between nasal mask, and full face mask setting Ynot 6 296 09-04-2024, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 201 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 25 6,957 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Slight Mouth Leaks With Nasal Pillows Airfit P10 - Change Mask? stevesleep 6 397 08-08-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  ResMed F40 mask questions? WCR1950 11 645 08-07-2024, 09:18 PM
Last Post: LuminousOne
  [Equipment] Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port asterisk 1 224 08-05-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 14 22,760 08-01-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.