Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

S9 Blower Motor
RE: S9 Blower Motor
(02-15-2023, 10:43 AM)ST Dog Wrote: I'm not convinced it's the exact same part.

Even if the labels and manufacturer claim the same, lord of counterfeit goods from China. There's no guarantee they are the real deal, or not seconds that failed some part of testing. 

I think they are a viable option, but more like aftermarket car parts vs OEM. Most are as good, some are even better, but duds happen. They may not last as long for various reasons.

These are NOT exactly the same Blower Motor, you are correct in saying that.
Your guess is as good as mine as to what these are, other then an alternative replacement motor, have to wait & see as lots are currently being sold.

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2022, 11:12 PM)vk3hjq Wrote: The problem with low hour use machines are exactly that ..... "USED" 

Yep .... VK3HJQ

John vk3hjq  Smile

Hi John,

Researching same issue for Res Med Air Curve ASV Machine. I too am a Ham! .... W6SDI 

Bill W6SDI Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2022, 10:46 AM)vk3hjq Wrote: Yes the hours are recorded on a chip on the Main Board, nothing to do with the Blower Motor itself, so replacing the Blower Motor will make no difference to the recorded hours on the unit.

John vk3hjq  Smile

John,

Thanks for that. I was wondering too. I don't mind keeping total hour run but would like to kill the warning message each session.

Bill W6SDI, Ventura,CA USA   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

Regarding S9 motors and later models, I bit the bullet and replaced the motor in my ResMed Aircurve ASV machine with an Airsense Autoset machine motor I had on hand (New) taking up space on a closet shelf. The ASV machine had 21,946 hours on it while the Autoset had 194 hours....seemed like a good candidate. Both motors are exactly the same far as I can tell. It took about an hour or so to dismantle both machines and put the new motor in the ASV machine. I just swapped the whole motor assembly not having to dismantle. Plug and Play. I slept great last night with AHI of 0.6. No more dust smell either.

The older ASV motor has been completely torn down to inspect and clean. There was much fine white powdery dust covering everything inside the housing. I cleaned and air dried everything as best I could. I am ready to reassemble as a drill for when I can buy another S9 motor. They seem to be pretty much the same motor. And the price is not too shabby either. My ASV machine is now good for another five years or so. Just wish I could turn off the annoying Motor Life warning every time I turn the machine off.
Huh

Regards,

Ventura Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Latest Update:

New aftermarket motor arrived today from China, Quick turn around! Took the Autoset machine apart again, removed the temporarily installed 21,900 hour motor and installed the new motor from China. Took about an hour. Plugged the Autoset machine in, put on my face mask and ran it for about half an hour to test the new motor. It ran great! I will keep it for spare parts to keep my ASV machine running as long as possible. Saved a bit of money too. Motor looks just like those John has posted.

Regards

Ventura Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
The older ASV motor has been completely torn down to inspect and clean. There was much fine white powdery dust covering everything inside the housing. I cleaned and air dried everything as best I could. I am ready to reassemble as a drill for when I can buy another S9 motor. They seem to be pretty much the same motor. And the price is not too shabby either. My ASV machine is now good for another five years or so. Just wish I could turn off the annoying Motor Life warning every time I turn the machine off.

Sorry, how did you open the motor to clean the inside? Mine is dirty, and I can't manage to clean very well with Q-tips.
Thanks! I did clean the silicone blue housing, and all I could get to.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2023, 06:19 PM)mltam Wrote: The older ASV motor has been completely torn down to inspect and clean. There was much fine white powdery dust covering everything inside the housing. I cleaned and air dried everything as best I could. I am ready to reassemble as a drill for when I can buy another S9 motor. They seem to be pretty much the same motor. And the price is not too shabby either. My ASV machine is now good for another five years or so. Just wish I could turn off the annoying Motor Life warning every time I turn the machine off.

Sorry, how did you open the motor to clean the inside? Mine is dirty, and I can't manage to clean very well with Q-tips.
Thanks! I did clean the silicone blue housing, and all I could get to.

Hi all,

It's almost impossible to clean inside these motors as they are sealed units, (need to buy a new one) as for the "Motor Life Exceeded" message, there is NO way to disable it ATM, unless your in the know (a Clinician). 

John vk3hjq  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
When changing the motor, I wonder if anyone has tried taking out the button battery from the circuit board - and leaving it off for a while...?

I'm just  wondering if is there to just keep the time and date, or if the motor-hours might be in volatile memory, and returned to zero  if the battery is removed???

Worth a try??
 “Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.”   - DH  Lawrence

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s a thought. My question would be would it also clear any software memory. Like algorithms.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed S9 Autoset an error message after changing the motor SealL30 5 1,110 10-06-2024, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question Canadian Provider Who Will Send ResMed 10 for Blower Replacement Rickyricardo 4 276 09-19-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resetting the motor error message on a ResMed 10 stagebuilder 7 1,506 08-15-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Motor Life Exceeded message Sterling147 24 1,394 08-02-2024, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Sterling147
  Air Curve 10 ASV Exceeded Motor Life Expectency Message - The final saga Sterling147 0 270 07-15-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Sterling147
  [CPAP] ResMed A10 Run Hours for Motor Life Exceeded Sleepster 9 664 06-19-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  S9 Motor replacement bcourson 1 328 06-19-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: patlink

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.