Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] PLEASE HELP ME INTERPRET MY OSCAR DATA
Sad 
PLEASE HELP ME INTERPRET MY OSCAR DATA
            I AM USING RESMED CPAP I AM STILL HAVING DAYTIME SLEEPINESS PLEASE HELP ME CHECK MY DATA
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PLEASE HELP ME INTERPRET MY OSCAR DATA
How did you end up with those settings? Doctor prescribed or trial-and-error?

The biggest issue you have are the large leaks. You have to get those under control to even begin to feel better. Either the mask is the incorrect size, incorrectly fit, or you are sleeping with your mouth open for extended periods.

I suggest going back to a baseline setting and using it for a few nights. Folks can help tweak from there after posting more OSCAR charts.

Try this:

Mode APAP
Min pressure 8
Max pressure 15
EPR 2 full-time
No ramp

That should be more comfortable and we can see how you respond to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
charts shows he's using an elite model, so no apap. but the question remains how did you end up with such high pressures?
Post Reply Post Reply
Narcil, thanks, I missed that. Not enough caffeine yet…

Then the options are very limited. The best we can do is drop the pressure to something like:

Pressure 10
EPR 3 full-time
No ramp

And work upwards from there increasing pressure every few nights until things settle down.

My suggestion is to get rid of the Elite and get an APAP like the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset or other high-quality machine like the Löwenstein Prisma line.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are some tips to help stop mask leaks:

Mask Primer
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 50 2,686 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How to interpret the information from Prisma Max? Jayhyouk Oh 5 73 8 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 9 589 Yesterday, 11:17 PM
Last Post: richardb123
  Interpreting Oscar data Yılmaz EBEM 5 173 10-19-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 7 496 10-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: sploomb
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 38 1,550 10-16-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] Trying to make sense of my OSCAR data (newbie) aardvarkpineapple 1 153 10-15-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.