Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Gamestar32 ASV Treatment Thread
Gamestar32 ASV Treatment Thread
Good Morning all!

I am extremely excited to share I was able to get my hand on a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV yesterday! Quick humble brag, I found a fella letting it go on Facebook Market for $600 with less than 50 hours of usage on it! That's cheaper than I would've paid with insurance!

So now we're on to the fun part. Titration. OSCAR data from last night is posted. My AHI has gone from 7 to .97 so needless to say I'm very happy about that. I definitely anticipate an adjustment period for me though, as the occasional blasts of air from the ASV is nothing like I'm used to from CPAP. Is that just something I need to get used to, or can something be done about it? The flow limits definitely look pretty erratic.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Gamestar32 ASV Treatment Thread
Good Morning all!

I am extremely excited to share I was able to get my hand on a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV yesterday! Quick humble brag, I found a fella letting it go on Facebook Market for $600 with less than 50 hours of usage on it! That's cheaper than I would've paid with insurance!

So now we're on to the fun part. Titration. OSCAR data from last night is posted. My AHI has gone from 7 to .97 so needless to say I'm very happy about that. I definitely anticipate an adjustment period for me though, as the occasional blasts of air from the ASV is nothing like I'm used to from CPAP. Is that just something I need to get used to, or can something be done about it? The flow limits definitely look pretty erratic.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gamestar32 ASV Treatment Thread
OK glad you have the ASV. Here's the editing in my opinion:

Keep ASV Auto mode to maintain the EPAP range

EPAP Min 6 and Max 10 your Obstructive Apnea are quite low, but you do need a touch higher EPAP for the Hypopnea

PS Min 3 and Max 12, trying to help you reduce overall pressure at least until you get used to ASV.

Your IPAP will then become 9-22, add EPAP and PS to get this one, there's no setting to manually dial on IPAP

Make certain you're relaxed and have normal breath rate, don't mask up if you're breathing faster than relatively normal. The ASV will pace your breath pattern, so give it a slower pattern to follow.

BTW ignore the Flow Limits chart, it's now an untreated byproduct of ASV and CA treatment.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds good, I'll give those settings a try.

For the initial breaths when I mask up, if I do accidentally set a bad precedent rate does turning the machine off and back on again give me a clean slate to work with?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think so yes. Kinda like reloads a save game so you don't get blown up by the bad guys. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR charts will provide the required data needed to make setting recommendations. See the links in my signature for downloading OSCAR and formatting charts to post.

For now, how do you have it configured? Those with ASV expertise may be able to give you a better starting point with that information.
Post Reply Post Reply
This seems to be a duplicated thread, PeaceLoveAndPizza.

I answered this over here...

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...ent-Thread
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for pointing that out, Dave. The duplicate threads have been merged.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome Crimson Nape.

2 coffee coupons headed your way.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks nape! Not sure how the dupe happened.

I think I'm adjusting well. I'd say last night was the first night that I slept several hours without waking up. Data below. Still a few hypopnea's but compared to my score with CPAP, we are already eons ahead. 

Any advice for the remaining hypop's?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cpapnovice - Therapy Thread cpapnovice 40 570 5 hours ago
Last Post: cpapnovice
  Tobiathan therapy thread tobiathan 2 76 6 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 108 3,649 7 hours ago
Last Post: Dormeo
Idea [Treatment] Chuu's Therapy Thread Chuuclysm 12 342 9 hours ago
Last Post: Chuuclysm
  matsodav - Therapy Thread matsodav 12 342 Yesterday, 06:29 PM
Last Post: matsodav
  Weld3z - Therapy Thread Weld3z 21 397 Yesterday, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Weld3z
  [Treatment] Help with treatment, questions, approach, understanding UsuallyTired 12 271 07-22-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: UsuallyTired

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.