Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What model is my device?
What model is my device?
I have a device that says ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV.  It has the HumidAir and ClimateLineAir tubing.  

Resmed says this should be model #37216.  However, there is no model # printed on the back, only a ref #, which is #37126.  There is no model #37126 on the web site.

Anywho, the point is, I might need to buy a replacement unit, and I want to get it correct; (However, many of the internet sales sites seem to not bother publishing the model numbers anyway).

Side question: is there any wisdom I should know about purchasing a unit online?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What model is my device?
The model number is important but the serial number is as well, you can check it on resmed's site I believe, or call their customer support number and have them check the model that corresponds with the SN.  Smile

Also, keep the old one as a backup please!

Where are you thinking of ordering a new one from, and are you going to get the AC11?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll make it simple for you. You made mention of the name, that's all you'll need to find. Yes, numbers help if buying remotely.

Get the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV, just like your current one. The 11 series maybe will be fine, but the 10 series is still great.

And don't fall similar sounding named machines. Get ResMed.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2024, 09:54 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I'll make it simple for you. You made mention of the name, that's all you'll need to find. Yes, numbers help if buying remotely.

Get the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV, just like your current one. The 11 series maybe will be fine, but the 10 series is still great.

And don't fall similar sounding named machines. Get ResMed.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2024, 09:48 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: The model number is important but the serial number is as well, you can check it on resmed's site I believe, or call their customer support number and have them check the model that corresponds with the SN.  Smile

Also, keep the old one as a backup please!

Where are you thinking of ordering a new one from, and are you going to get the AC11?

Not sure, have not thought that far yet
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2024, 10:16 PM)McMartin Wrote: Not sure, have not thought that far yet

Sure thing Smile

I'd get anything but resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't buy anything but ResMed!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2024, 11:29 PM)Phaleronic Wrote: Sure thing Smile

I'd get anything but resmed.

Yeah, what's wrong with ResMed?  Perturbed
Post Reply Post Reply
(Yesterday, 10:19 AM)Big Guy Wrote: Yeah, what's wrong with ResMed?  Perturbed

Issues with sleep and inspiration delay, just less restful sleep using the two machines of theirs even with low AHI/RDI (new AS10FH and an AC10vauto). If you haven't tried another vendor's machine side by side then you should Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a Phillips dreamstation bilevel. Went to ResMed and it was worlds better treatment. I would never buy a different brand now. Maybe sometime there will be a better machine but not yet. 

Take a look around this site and over 90% use them and stand by them.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pattern in high resolution mask pressure in resmed device rberry1 1 149 09-11-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] LeeMan's Therapy and Questions - Device usage showing gaps LeeMan88 18 691 08-08-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: LeeMan88
  Oral Mandibular Device causing dry mouth dharma2255 4 253 08-07-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: nh00
  Inspire device recall Narcil 7 500 07-31-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Pressure] CA's and V-COM Device bhoskins 10 565 07-11-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  Best/Worst Device Setting (in OSCAR "Records") junior ravine 2 251 07-06-2024, 01:57 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Where can i buy my own sleep apnea device? dboom 6 444 06-23-2024, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.