Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns
RE: Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns
Make sure your humidifier and hose are seated fully. When I used an AS11 I had a night that was the same exact thing and it turned out the humidifier wasn't sealing properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good thought but I checked both and they seemed fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have much better results with the N30i vs the F30i, with cover roll mouth tape to eliminate mouth leaks. I got tired of the "mask farts". It takes a minute or so to cut the tape and apply it, but it's worth it, as long as it doesn't tear your skin when you remove it gently in the morning.

Sometimes the headgear stretches a bit over time. I tightened my N30i headgear slightly last night, and that eliminated some recent leaks, and was still very comfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
It just seems more like a setting issue rather than a leak that developed over the night as it is constant from the very start when I know there was no leak when I first masked up. Weird!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just following on from my previous post, I test fitted the mask and there were definitely no leaks but it was still registering a large leak.  The other observation I had was that the air seemed to be streaming out extremely forcibly through the front vent holes. Could there be an issue with the mask? As context i's a hire mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure the hose is not pulling to the side of the connection to the AS11. It has a problem with leaking at that point if the hose pulls to the side, since the hose connection does not swivel like it does with the AS 10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good tip but I've switched back to the 10 (just haven't updated my profile) and there were definitely no leaks with the humidifier or the hose connectors or anything, definitely something funky with the mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting... have you tried reseating the mask cushion? and all of the other mask connections?

Maybe some part of the mask is defective? Is the machine set to full face mask mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah I've tried everything I can think of and yep was definitely on full face mode...
Post Reply Post Reply
Tape
(04-13-2024, 09:59 PM)stevew168 Wrote: I have much better results with the N30i vs the F30i, with cover roll mouth tape to eliminate mouth leaks.
It takes a minute or so to cut the tape and apply it, but it's worth it, as long as it doesn't tear your skin when you remove it gently in the morning.

Right on. Mouth tape is a secret weapon. I don't know why it's not promoted more amongst the professional community.

They need to make a full face mask that easily and completely molds to one's face. The permutations and combinations of all possible full face masks prevent one from trying all possibilities. Mask manufacturers win of course.

There should be a GoFundMe project for the creation of a perfectly moldable long-lasting full face mask, that's not made by a traditional manufacturer. They won't touch it because it wouldn't provide endless revenue streams from replacement components. Insurance companies could sponsor it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bad at Breathing Haldir 37 1,501 Yesterday, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Haldir
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 36 962 10-04-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: gregbe2000
  24 CA events, I am practically worried. Ddobson85 4 187 09-30-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Health] Worried about spO2 drops during the day and night... ZeroShun 2 169 09-26-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: ZeroShun
  [CPAP] AHI suddenly high as well as PB and variable breathing tresero 5 247 09-24-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: tresero
  [Health] Breathing Exercises Better Sleep or not? seepapnyc 0 161 09-11-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: seepapnyc
  Periodic Breathing Strategies? mark.apnea 2 271 09-11-2024, 07:44 AM
Last Post: mark.apnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.