Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
RE: Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here
Did snoring going away simply by using the cpap?
Post Reply Post Reply
    My snoring went from being like a freight train all night to being a toddler on a tricycle with a bell just by using the cpap.

For this to happen it took a while to dial in the mask type/version and control my leaks.

I only snore now a few times a week and only when I have a mask leak.

With the F40 I am running with an average AHI under 1.0 and many days it is like today and 0.2.  

I got my F40 on 7/13 - so you can see visually how much of an improvement it made for me.  Before I had tried many different masks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Great results.  Did you try the F30i before the F40?  I believe the 40 was the upgrade.  I had lots of leaks with the F30i.  Wonder if that was addressed in the 40.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the F30, F30i, F&P Evora full, and others.

The F30 and F30i both pinched the sides of my nose enough that I had to change from it.  The F&P Evora FFM large is about 2mm wider at the base of the nose than the F30 so I didn't have a problem with that.

My other problem with all 3 of masks was the mouth opening was slightly to small so it leaked at the corners of my mouth no matter what I did.

With the F40 I do tape my mouth just to keep the jaw up, but it is soft enough I can sleep on my front and not get gouged in the face with the plastic from the mask.  It is also soft enough that while the nose opening is within a 1mm of the same width as the F30 it doesn't pinch.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] new to cpap therapy,. not having any success yet. sjlulz 3 104 09-15-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 12 2,310 09-13-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newbie post izsleepy 6 392 09-10-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: izsleepy
  New here - Post Sleep Study Question Tenley 4 967 09-03-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Would you up the pressure in this situation? Post turbinate reduction tiredguy1 3 193 08-20-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  Another OSCAR Help Post Eric794 2 209 08-13-2024, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Eric794
Question Anyone else with no success using CPAP? phoen1kx 35 1,805 07-25-2024, 09:52 AM
Last Post: phoen1kx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.