Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

week 4 - still can't get AHIs below 10
week 4 - still can't get AHIs below 10
Need help please!  No idea what I'm doing wrong. Have been on APAP for 3 weeks now.  Still consistently at 10 AHIs or above.  Last night was 18 AHI.

Anyone can help and take a look at the data and see something?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: week 4 - still can't get AHIs below 10
You are having positional apnea.  You can see positional apnea where either H or Oa events are clustered together.  Getting rid of as many as you can will lower your AHI.  Positional apnea can NOT be controlled by pressure changes.  You have to find out what position you are getting into and cutting off your own airway.  Have you changed your sleep position?  Sleeping on your back?  Using more (or new) pillows?  These things can cause positional apnea by chin dropping to your sternum and cutting your airway.  Think of it of a kinked hose – nothing can get through – you have to unkink the hose…

IF you can’t make a simple change like changing to a flatter pillow helps then you will need a collar.  I have a link to collars in my signature at the bottom of the page.  It shows people who are not wearing a collar and the SAME person wearing a collar.  There is a huge difference between the two.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: week 4 - still can't get AHIs below 10
Hi JacksonMahoney Smile

You're not only having position apnea events here, the pressure is set inappropriately for your needs and with such a low minimum pressure with EPR @ 3 fulltime you're lacking nearly all apnea control-please turn off EPR completely. We will need to raise your minimum pressure slowly too every few nights by 1cm until it's closer to your 95 percent pressure of 15.8cm. Can you try this tonight before bed for a little while please?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 week in, is my AHI of 5.3 good Jarrod 2 138 09-13-2024, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  New User 1 week, still high AHis, thoughts? JacksonMahoney 4 216 08-31-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  One week into treatment, any tips? lendenti 3 211 08-28-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: lendenti
  OSCAR Results 1 week in, can someone tell me what is going on? clawingback14 9 321 07-31-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Diagnosis] CPAP first week OSCAR results JamesMask 2 233 07-20-2024, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Thoughts after less than a week, and questions SkySleep 18 698 07-14-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: SkySleep
  AHIs way up after years of successful use stephenu712 1 238 06-30-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.