Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Arousal with no flow limits prior?
Arousal with no flow limits prior?
Hi,

I had a decent sleep last night, eventhough my leaks were a little to high. I also remember to be awake about 5 times.
Prisma Smart MAX APAP 9.5-12, no epr, softpap or ramp. Sidesleeper and avoid sleeping on my back.

I seem to have some arousals quite often, and don't know if they wake me up. I'm afraid they do and want to know more about them. I have done a ton of experimenting the last 9 months, from APAP to CPAP - different pressures etc, but these APAP settings seem to work best for sleep and comfort. If I bump up the min pressure, or set CPAP at 11 (P95), I start to have more centrals and EPR/softpap does not work for me. I use full face mask (Airtouch F20), as I always have a hard time breathing through my nose. My AHI december 2022=66.

Please take a look a the last night and an example of an arousal, with no flow limits or flat tops on inhale prior to arousal.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Arousal with no flow limits prior?
It looks like based upon the "obstruction line" which I'm presuming is what resmed calls flow limits plus the snoring / rera event lines plus the obstructive events could all cause arousals as well as those large leaks. In summary, I'd recommend continuing to try to find the balance of more pressure but keeping central apneas at bay because your current minimum pressure is not sufficient. Did you also see centrals when you tried constant pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 5 299 09-16-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Flat-topped flow rate slatejetpack 8 321 09-09-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Erratic flow rate preceding OA weepingwillow 3 212 09-06-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Flow limit and pressure hobway 8 333 09-04-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Jlmerlav
  Question about flow limitations Uzupan 5 350 09-02-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [CPAP] How do I fix flow limitations? dnserror 5 338 09-02-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: carnuntum
  Question about flow limitations and settings Miles3zd3 9 522 09-01-2024, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Tommy C

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.