Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with analyzing OSCAR data please?
Smile 
Help with analyzing OSCAR data please?
Hello! I started CPAP therapy two weeks ago. I'm able to fall asleep with my CPAP easily but I keep removing my mask unconsciously after about an hour of sleep. Can anyone please help analyze my data? I'm wondering if there are any adjustments I should make, 2) if anything stands out, and 3) if there's anything unusual around the 23:01:30 mark that causes me to remove my mask unconsciously? I can't seem to sleep past 1-2 hours with the mask on without removing it Sad

I fell asleep for an hour starting at ~22:30:00. Please disregard the data prior to this because I was awake. 

CPAP: Airsense 11
Mask: F20 Airtouch
EPR: 3
Ramp: Off
Humidity: 3
Prescribed pressure: 8 to 12 but I reduced the min to 7 slightly 

One thing I noticed within that hour are multiple CAs. Not sure if there is something causing that. 

Thank you all for your help! 

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with analyzing OSCAR data please?
Inspiratory peaks show some flow restrictions which lead to a recovery breathing immediately followed by a CA. There are also some leaks within the same period.
To address this issue, you should set your minimum pressure to 8-9 cm. This will also improve your flow limit figure.
But the number of your CAs is not concerning.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with analyzing OSCAR data please?
Thank you for your help. I'm using an Airsense 11. Do you think a Bilevel would be more appropriate to treat the flow limited breathing? Or do you think I can correct the issue with my Airsense 11?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help analyzing results. Low AHI but still sleepy boromt 12 352 47 minutes ago
Last Post: SeePak
  New to Oscar, please help me understand the data. Stray 11 404 Yesterday, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Stray
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 43 1,956 Yesterday, 11:56 AM
Last Post: alemon
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 4 142 Yesterday, 07:13 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] OSCAR Data richardb123 6 327 09-26-2024, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oscar data - first 3 nights Pugilist555 1 78 09-26-2024, 07:52 PM
  OSCAR Data Review Mcca21 4 203 09-26-2024, 03:33 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.