Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates
High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates
Just a week on CPAP for me, but I've noticed breathing and resp rates are very iratic ( sometimes going up to 50/min ) and that the flowrate is quite high some times.  

Last night was not a particularly good sleep, woke up with a banging headache and have been incredibly tired all day - https://sleephq.com/public/a90d42a3-f8fb...028848d07c 

Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions to help make my sleep a little better! Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates
Welcome

I can see that your flow limits are high.  To correct that you need to turn EPR on full-time, set at 3.  If it's at all possible it would be great if you could turn ramp off, or at least turn it down to five minutes.  You don't get any real therapy during ramp.  Also, where you now have the setting 'standard' change it to 'essentials plus'.

I don't read Sleephq nearly as well as Oscar.  It would help most of us if you download Oscar, a free reporting system that will enable you to post a way better chart of your night's sleep.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay thanks for the advice! I have oscar, I just ironically find it a little more clunky than sleephq! haha.

Is there a way for me to share it on oscar? Won't allow me to share a link here yet
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know enough about the delay in posting links to advise you.

But I think I made a mistake in my answer before.  I now use a ResMed Vauto, and the Response is Essentials or Essentials Plus.  It is not the same for the ResMed Autoset.  I know there is Standard, and I assume there is another option but I don't remember it.  If there is something that sounds better, select that.

Now reply to me about the Standard/whatever issue, and maybe you will be able to post the Oscar report. Or we can chat more or you can post anywhere else until you have enough posts to be able to post an Oscar report.Smile  Then I or someone else can offer you more advice if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
jclarke131000,

First, Organize your chart according to the link below.  
Set your display to Standard view.  
(View > Reset Graphs > Standard)

Take a screenshot of your Daily screen.
   * For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
   * For a Mac: Use Fn+F12  

You will need to use the Attachment Feature to post an OSCAR Screenshot of the Daily Page.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...pnea_Board
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2024, 07:46 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: I now use a ResMed Vauto, and the Response is Essentials or Essentials Plus.  It is not the same for the ResMed Autoset.  I know there is Standard, and I assume there is another option but I don't remember it.  If there is something that sounds better, select that.

"AutoSet mode (AirSense 10 AutoSet and AutoSet for Her devices only). 

For patients who are sensitive to faster changes in pressure during therapy, AutoSet Response can be set to either Standard or Soft. If set to soft, patients will receive gentler pressure rises during therapy. "
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay so I used the setting I sent last night and the flow limit did not change. Still 95 0.17~ and 99.5 0.35 

Breathing seemed to be alot more consistent however, as opposed to the previous nights sleep.

Here is a screenshot from the 14th and the 15th, the 15th being the night with the changes made you suggested.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Your EPR is off. To get some benefits of bilevel therapy with lower exhale pressure and higher inhale pressure EPR must be turn ON FULL-TIME, and at Setting 3. With EPR your starting pressure will be 10.0/7.0 (inhale/exhale), and you will feel a noticeable improvement in comfort and flow limits. My best guess on flow limits with EPR is they will drop from 0.15 to 0.05 or less. Our wiki article on flow limitation may be useful https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...limitation

Good job on posting the graph attachments!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, EPR is on, no? Is that not what the red and green trace are on the flow rate graph? Inhale and exhale pressure.

Double checked and it definitely says EPR on full time 3cm
Post Reply Post Reply
I can see that your EPR setting was off on the 14th and on for the 15th but, unfortunately, your flow limitations are still very high.  Sleeprider will be able to advise you on what to do next.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flat-topped flow rate slatejetpack 7 112 7 hours ago
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Odd breathing patterns katbrat 9 148 09-07-2024, 09:06 PM
Last Post: katbrat
  Resmed 10 vauto can hear breathing Officialdee 6 136 09-07-2024, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is high pressure better - help to optimize grzkar 1 94 09-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Erratic flow rate preceding OA weepingwillow 3 148 09-06-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Flow limit and pressure hobway 8 232 09-04-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Jlmerlav
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 4 192 09-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dodies

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.