Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure not raising during flow limitations
Pressure not raising during flow limitations
My box is an apap minimum set to 4. When falling asleep it stays around 4.5. During flow limitations its raised only to 4.6. Does that mean thats as high as I seem to need?

It raised to 7.5 once upon sleep onset, flagging centrals and obstructives.

I have it on comfort care plus 3, which seems to be its version of EPR. Last night I put it at 2 to relieve centrals and whilst I didnt have any at sleep onset, I had more through the night and more flow limitations that the pressure didnt raise for.

Is it a case of increasing my minimum to prevent the limitations in the first place? Or that the apap is not going to be suitable for my uars? Or as mentioned above, that 4.6 is all I need?

I can change it to cpap if needs be. Would that help?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure not raising during flow limitations
Cpap machines are programmed by their manufacturer. Resmed is programmed to raise pressure when it find flow limits your Cpap is NOT a Resmed so it raises pressure when it encounters different problems instead of flow limits. I don’t know how your. Pap is programmed so I don’t know when your pressure will raise.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pressure not raising during flow limitations
Ahh ok so I need to do some digging and figure out what prompts a pressure raise for my machine. If its not what will work for me then I imagine that is where setting a higher minimum comes in I imagine. 

Thank you! Still reading and learning but will get there
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What else causes flow limits? StevesSp 1 699 Yesterday, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 5 315 09-16-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Flat-topped flow rate slatejetpack 8 330 09-09-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: slatejetpack
  Erratic flow rate preceding OA weepingwillow 3 216 09-06-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Flow limit and pressure hobway 8 338 09-04-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Jlmerlav
  Question about flow limitations Uzupan 5 355 09-02-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [CPAP] How do I fix flow limitations? dnserror 5 347 09-02-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: carnuntum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.