Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

amurorx - Therapy Analysis
RE: amurorx - Therapy Analysis
Thank you very much for posting that amurorx.  You have tried many things, but your 95% flow limitation was an incredibly high 0.59!   That is way too high.  

If this is the best that is occurring with your current set up, I see 2 options:  try to move to a different machine (a bilevel); and/or consult an ENT for nasal breathing issues.  A bilevel can give more pressure support than just the 3 EPR that your current machine provides.  Increasing pressure support (PS) can help break through these massive flow limitations.  

Take some time to think about these things and what your future plan might be.  If anyone sees anything else, please feel free to post also.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
At this point I have no choice but to wait for my pulmonologist to come back from maternity leave (late August???). They have no one available to see me. So I'm stuck with this machine until I see them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to hear that.  If you are stuck in that situation, you could raise pressure to get better results, but I know you said it starts getting uncomfortable closer to 20.  Your decision.

Also, sometimes people accidently get the wrong collar, or wear it too tight or too loose, etc.  Experiment with the collar a little bit and your may get better results.  It should be large enough to almost immobilize your neck during sleep (to prevent chin tucking).  Any specific questions you have about your collar, just ask them here and we could probably better optimize your collar.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
A prescription for a machine can be written by your regular doctor, a dentist, or a nurse practitioner. If you can find someone to write the prescription, I would warmly recommend your trying a ResMed Aircurve VAuto. No guarantees that it would help, but it might. Or, as Jay says, you might try to work with an ENT.

Your FLs are extremely heavy, and your snores are fairly heavy too. It's possible that the FLs originate in your nose, but the snoring suggests to me that they, like the snores, originate further down. That's where pressure support might be able to help you. But it'd also be good to determine whether you have an anatomical issue in your pharynx (or really anywhere in your airway).
Post Reply Post Reply
I have 20-21" neck do any folks recommend a soft collar for thick necks like me. The one in using I added Velcro to extend it but I'm thinking perhaps it's not sturdy/stable enough.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2024, 09:33 AM)amurorx Wrote: I setup an an appointment with my primary physician for 6/19 the earliest I can get. To discuss with him on a referral with an ENT or who ever else can refer me to.  He's a bit of a hard ass so he would definitely not prescribe a different machine.  He wouldn't even change the pressure from the factory default.

I'm plan to change insurance and doctors after all this 

(05-30-2024, 10:44 AM)Dormeo Wrote: A prescription for a machine can be written by your regular doctor, a dentist, or a nurse practitioner.  If you can find someone to write the prescription, I would warmly recommend your trying a ResMed Aircurve VAuto.  No guarantees that it would help, but it might.  Or, as Jay says, you might try to work with an ENT.  

Your FLs are extremely heavy, and your snores are fairly heavy too.  It's possible that the FLs originate in your nose, but the snoring suggests to me that they, like the snores, originate further down.  That's where pressure support might be able to help you.  But it'd also be good to determine whether you have an anatomical issue in your pharynx (or really anywhere in your airway).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for posting all of that.  From the cpap literature I have read, the large the neck size, the greater the possibility and severity of sleep apnea.  

I have seen some very large collar when shopping online for them.  The places I usually search first are:  our supplier's list, amazon, ebay, etc.  Just type in extra large or jumbo might get a hit.  I wear a very large collar also.  Mine are either 4.5" or 5" in height.  I have done the same thing also to a few collars:  using more velcro straps to extend the collar.   The collar may have been too loose with the set up that you have described.  I hope you can find a suitable collar.  It made a big difference for me personally.  On my s9 Adapt ASV, I went from an AHI of 20 (using high ASV pressures) down to 0 AHI with a collar.  Positional apnea is real (but it doesn't affect everyone).
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EDS Help- OSCAR Analysis OSAsucks 9 261 6 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Oscar Analysis SearchForPanacea 4 149 Yesterday, 09:32 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Xboxrrod Analysis Dreamstation BIPAP Xboxrrod 5 293 09-14-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Xboxrrod
  OSCAR Analysis Request harryd91 4 409 08-09-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: harryd91
  Where to find Indepth PAP therapy analysis? PappaJoe 14 788 08-07-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Amorsen84 Therapy Analysis - please help Amorsen84 10 595 08-04-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Surprised OSCAR Results Analysis 4thehalibit 6 354 07-26-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: 4thehalibit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.