Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

personal effect of soft cervical collar
personal effect of soft cervical collar
last night was rough. we went to sleep, but at about 11:10 pm, our older dog had an issue with his sleeping patterns (which are getting bad). we dealt with that, but when i went back to sleep (the middle section in this image), i forgot to put the scc back on.

you can see the results. after i woke up a while later, i realized what had happened and put it back on. 

for me, personally, they make a huge difference in my therapy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: personal effect of soft cervical collar
Wow, there sure is a big difference!  It's good that you can see the difference right on your computer.

It would help us for future postings if you changed your Oscar charts a bit.  We need to see the following items only, in the order posted, on your first page:

Event Flags
Flow Rate
Pressure
Leak Rate
Flow Limits

We need to be able to read to the very bottom of the Flow Limits section.  Thanks!  Smile
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Same, my chart was a complete mess before I learnt about the effect of my wind pipe being blocked when tucking my chin, its a miracle cure !
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2024, 11:06 PM)Dodies Wrote: Same, my chart was a complete mess before I learnt about the effect of my wind pipe being blocked when tucking my chin, its a miracle cure !
are you using a collar? some get the same effect from chinstraps, but they didn't work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-25-2024, 11:10 PM)eok361 Wrote: are you using a collar? some get the same effect from chinstraps, but they didn't work for me.

I use a travel pillow. I love it. No more regular pillow. Use the travel pillow in the C shape rather than the normal U shape - blocks chin drop and provides neck support
Post Reply Post Reply
I also now sleep on my back, after years of training myself to side sleep because I was told that was the cure for snoring... No longer. Just sleep on my back, with the old memory foam pillow and apap with and ahi less than 1...

still not getting 9 hours sleep a night, but i never need a siesta anymore.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,392 662,767 09-19-2024, 10:53 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Has anyone had success with ONLY a soft cervical collar? ranvanman 12 2,446 09-13-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Cervical Surgery needs new mask DEJONES1954 4 202 09-07-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: DEJONES1954
Sad [Treatment] Higher pressure and soft cervical collar not helping FLs/AHI vHungry 5 378 08-16-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  UARS-Cervical mis-alignment etc !! must see! Dr. Hauser SeePak 0 168 08-05-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  What To Do When Soft Cervical Collars Fail mawaw1992 25 2,952 08-03-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  Soft Cervical Collar Might Be Causing Jaw Pain gamestar32 1 186 07-25-2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.