Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

tiredsam98's New AirCurve 11 Therapy Thread
tiredsam98's New AirCurve 11 Therapy Thread
5 years ago, Sleeprider and others were extremely helpful in getting me setup with my AirCurve 10 VAuto. My DME offered me an upgrade (AirCurve 11 VAuto), which I'll pick up soon. In the meantime, thought now would be a good time to check in and see if the pros on here would suggest any adjustments to my settings. Feeling good most days, but still have some daytime fatigue (extremely slight compared to what it was pre-therapy).

I've attached an overview of last night's data, a UA closeup from last night, and a CA closeup from last night.

Many thanks in advance and best wishes to all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 25 male, getting new machine, checking in
Will also attach an all-time overview, if helpful. Thanks again!

Post Reply Post Reply
The charts look pretty dang good to me Smile How are you feeling though, well rested in the mornings?
Post Reply Post Reply
On nights when I get enough time in bed, I do feel pretty good. It's interesting, my numbers drastically improved when I began therapy 5 years ago, but there wasn't a huge change in how I felt. I didn't have that "flipped switch" experience.

Lately, I've found myself feeling a bit short of air while falling asleep sometimes. I can fix this by taking the mask off and taking a few deep breaths; then I'll put the mask back on and fall back asleep normally. This happens anywhere from 1-3 times a week. Open to any ideas or suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anytime you have a feeling of air starvation, it is almost always from not having enough air pressure. You may have an excellent AHI at lower pressures, but still feel a dogs breakfast in the morning from having poor sleep quality. I think this describes what you are experiencing.

Try the following as it will answer a few questions.

Mode VPAPauto
EPAP min 6
IPAP max 12
PS 3
No ramp

That will tell us if the pressure needs to be a bit higher to stop the feeling of air starvation and will also show whether there are some underlying flow limitations that require a bit more pressure as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent, thank you! Will try these settings tonight and report back with some OSCAR screenshots. Appreciate the input.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had a V11 Auto for a few days now, and I like it a lot. I suspect they've got you on a ramp, which is awful. The main thing I've noticed about the V11 vs my previous cpap is it has taught me a different way of breathing, which is slow,gentle,and full inhales, and equally slow gentle and full exhales. That's helping to keep my co2 blood levels down which is a major problem with copd patients.

I see you're using a P20 mask already which is a great idea. I've used the P20 since it was born and I have always said it's just a matter of time until everyone does --- resistance is futile. I do find I do better using a larger pillow than would normally be expected. So I use the size large instead of medium.
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming you mean the P10. Agreed on all counts. It's the first mask I ever tried, and I haven't felt the need to try out any others  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Guess who forgot to put his sd card back in the machine...

Standby for some OSCAR screenshots tomorrow, thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's an overview from last night. Let me know if any closeups would be helpful.

Feeling very groggy this morning with a slight headache, despite the low AHI. Maybe I just need to wait this out for a few days? Appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Motor Life Exceeded message Sterling147 24 833 2 hours ago
Last Post: Sterling147
  ZDav's Therapy Thread ZDav 7 197 9 hours ago
Last Post: donsburg
  Sorfosh - Therapy Thread Sorfosh 13 1,217 Today, 02:38 AM
Last Post: Sorfosh
Idea [Treatment] Chuu's Therapy Thread Chuuclysm 16 576 Yesterday, 04:20 AM
Last Post: Chuuclysm
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 112 3,928 07-31-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
Sad Aircurve 10 VAUTO Not pushing Air! DFWdude 38 714 07-31-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Weld3z - Therapy Thread Weld3z 24 565 07-29-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Weld3z

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.