Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Leak Rate
Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Leak Rate
Hello, I just got an Aircurve 10 ASV. My AHI dropped from 3.5 to .79. I love it!

However, my leak rate seems high 50-60%. I tried to adjust the EPAP and PS to lower the inhale pressure. 
Would appreciate anyone's recommendation on the EPAP and PS settings. Attached is my Oscar report.

Thank you.

Munchai
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Leak Rate
Welcome to Apnea Board,

Unfortunately your OSCAR chart didn't stick around. It's not there.

If your leak rates truly are about 50%, you need some major work in getting the mask to seal by better adjustment methods. Or change to a mask that seals better. At that high of leak rate, I'd find your therapy results highly likely to being inaccurate.

I would also come up with the preliminary conclusion that with high leak rates your ASV is running full tilt to keep up, and can't keep up.

Fix the leaks instead of turning the pressure down. You're attempting to fix this the wrong way.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, well your large leak was 23.62%, still too high for reliable therapy on any machine.

What mask or masks have you been using? By the shape of the leaks, I'm tending to think it's via the mask seal leaking not necessarily mouth leaks. The current mask isn't working well with you unfortunately.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your feedback. I am using the Resmed Mirage FX nasal cushion. I can try an alternative mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
What else do you have, or tried? You'll want to focus on comfort, proper size, fit, etc.

I had used ASV myself and best results for me were with Fisher and Paykel masks, specifically Simplus and Vitera full face. They do have nasal and pillows types as well as new models.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, SarcasticDave94,

I have tried Resmed Activa LT and Mirage FX. I am considering the P&L Evora and Resmed F40 full masks.
Last night, my Large Leak went down to 25.45%. AHI remains low at 1.4.

I still feel tired when waking up. Is the data inaccurate due to the LL %?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The large leaks, yes it's possible that's affecting accuracy within the reports. OSCAR displays what its given from the ASV. Leaks can skew calculations, may prevent the ASV from following events accurately, etc
Post Reply Post Reply
Would you mind looking at the attached, latest Oscar report? Anything questionable?
Thank you for all your insight.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It comes back to leaks it seems. Remove the high leaks and the chart isn't bad looking. To me, it appears leaks may be the mask itself, either being moved or not sealing as it should. Whether that's a poor fit, wrong model for you, I'm not sure. I myself have had the most success with Fisher and Paykel masks, they tend to seal with less strap tension compared to ResMed F20 and Philips Respironics Amara View they I'd used before switching to F&P.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar Data. No events flagged but weird flow rate pattern during REM Ynot 70 3,641 3 hours ago
Last Post: Ynot
  [Equipment] Aircurve 11 Bi-pap AHI Numbers wdast 5 158 6 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
Question Sudden Unexplained Increase in Leak Rate lygodia 7 159 Today, 09:24 AM
Last Post: lygodia
  Everything's Great Except My Leak Rate! Well Marbled 1 6 137 Yesterday, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Well Marbled 1
  Leak Help for my MIL papercupprincess 3 144 07-08-2024, 12:39 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Motor Life Exceeded message Sterling147 18 454 07-08-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Why does my flow rate line thickness vary? DougalMcGuire 2 152 07-04-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.