Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40
RE: Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40
(05-18-2024, 05:28 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I use a single medium fill down pillow, and I don't take selfies in bed. Smile  Just find a pillow that is not so thick or plastic, and pull it over your shoulder and let your jaw rest on that. 

This sounds like what I do when I sleep on my stomach - I have a soft fill down pillow that I squish into a curve that supports my temple, curves around my ear (my ears fall asleep with a lot of pressure), then supports my jaw and throat, leaving my nose and mouth areas open but suspended a couple of inches above the mattress so there's enough room for the mask and the exhaust isn't blocked. It works well and since my body weight is going downward, there's no way my jaw or chin are going to move. If I could sleep like that all night, I could get by with a minimal nasal pillow mask, but my aches and pains won't tolerate it for too long. 

I haven't had as much luck with that on my side - apparently there isn't enough pressure under my jaw to keep it from relaxing and moving. Maybe the pillow is just not dense enough and I should try a thicker one. 

I'd like to give my F40 another try, but I think I need to just stick with the F30i for now while I figure out sleeping position and machine adjustments.

This morning I was thinking that my ideal pillow would be shaped like a swallowtail butterfly, with the upper part of the pillow being supportive, but the "tails" being squishy (down-filled or bead-filled). Similar to a CPAP pillow, but with longer, flexible extensions. If I could figure out how to sew a cover for it, I could probably find appropriate filling for it - but sewing is really not my forte:

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Airfit F20 Headgear Washing Frequency? jefferyscott0 2 184 10-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 10 2,047 10-04-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Need Help...Possible problems with Airfit 10 Ryd4Life 2 276 09-11-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: Ryd4Life
  P10 Nasal Pillows to F40 Airfit Full Face Mask Settings? stevesleep 3 383 08-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 25 7,459 08-20-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  Slight Mouth Leaks With Nasal Pillows Airfit P10 - Change Mask? stevesleep 6 493 08-08-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Cleaning ResMed AirFit P30i/N30i exhaust port asterisk 1 308 08-05-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.