Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Airsense 10 APAP?
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 APAP?
Ah man, that's all I do. I have more doctors than I can manage. I have temporary doctors, am awaiting appointments simply for referrals to new endocrinologists. Only recently through constant use of this CPAP, have I noticed that it's not doing anything.

My data is now recording, but my AHI is showing < 2 or 0 for most times I'm asleep. I just had a sleep attack within the last 2 hours and I have no clue why. I had some scrambled eggs and some fried tofu before Noon, and the regular attack came on. This happens quite often.

Let me put some charts down later today.
----
daBee in Toronto
Unit: MesRed AirSense 10 nasal | 8 cm no ramp
Post Reply Post Reply
OK here are the last two recordings I have.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

----
daBee in Toronto
Post Reply Post Reply
These are very short sessions. Do you have any that are longer? Also, next time you post a chart, could you do some reformatting to make it easier to see what's going on?

* Close the calendar and get rid of the pie chart.
* Include only these graphs: Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Leaks, Flow Limitations, Snores.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately that's all I have.  Will take note of those next time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

----
daBee in Toronto
Post Reply Post Reply
So I haven't been able to wear this thing overnight since I posted. Does the CPAP system have an expected degradation over time with users? It's so intrusive and I'm still getting into claustrophobic situations.
----
daBee in Toronto
Post Reply Post Reply
No, CPAP doesn't have an expected degradation over time with users. If you could tell us more about why you aren't able to use the machine all night, we could try to help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not CPAP, but my health, due to the CPAP. I'm finding it dryer than before, and I am still claustrophobic after trying very hard to use the thing. It's just gotten worse over the last 2 months to the point I am avoiding it.
----
daBee in Toronto
Post Reply Post Reply
then wear it during the day to get used to it, while watching tv or in front of the computer. maybe try another mask? something minimal like the p10.

and i would raise pressure, anxiety in general is usually because you aren't getting enough air.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also try increasing the humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a full titration test to set pressure. No sense in going past that. It also makes me swallow air if I set it too high. I had it 9 or 10 before and it was too much. I've had this unit for 5 years so I'm used to it. It's just gotten worse over the last 3 months. I only have this mask and it's the least intrusive of all the masks I've looked at. I can't spend $1000 on trying masks. I have the humidity up already. It hasn't changed and it's just not tolerable as it's gotten worse for some reason.
----
daBee in Toronto
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 44 2,616 3 hours ago
Last Post: srwilsn3
  Bipap vs Cpap/Apap DreadPirateRawburts 10 188 Yesterday, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  ResMed Airsense 10 v 11 kmar92 5 149 09-05-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Pressure] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Turpentine 6 242 08-28-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 90 33,281 08-26-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 96 43,074 08-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  [CPAP] 8 Month old Resmed Airsense 10 making a whirring noise JonMichael85 8 15,947 08-23-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: xirokx

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.